Friday, March 21, 2008

Why I don't drink...

The sponsor gave me some homework- Make a list of reasons I don't drink anymore. I did it, and now I have to redo it:
  • one DUI = no job
  • the night I told J I was in love with her...
  • blackouts (new years was the last drunk... I don't remember it.)
  • At the beach, and other times, I had meaningful conversations with close friends and I don't remember a thing I said.
  • I was going to work, but only physically. Too many days I just made it through, hungover and miserable.
  • I was stunted... emotionally and spiritually...
  • lots of "not yets" that I cannot hit- jail, loss of job, etc...
  • my memory was sucking, even when I wasn't drinking...
  • drinking is not a hobby- there are better ways to spend my time.
  • I was powerless- sometimes one rink was plenty, more often ten was not enough...
  • the last time I played live drunk sucked... I screwed up, sounded like shit... blew it...
  • I lied and cheated.... I don't remember stealing, but... anything's possible. I did not have the integrity I thought I had.
  • Drinking had expanded into drugs as well, and I hadn't even realized it...
  • there's got o be more to do on saturdays then laying on the couch taking vicodin...
  • I want to experience and remember life...

No comments: