Sunday, July 6, 2008

7-6

What a day. Still in the heat of it, I guess, but here's the rundown-
  • last night- two birthdays at my home-group meeting: 5 yrs. and 23 yrs. Appreciated my sponsor mentioning his sponsees... Dinner afterwards at one of my favorite restaurants... It kept occuering to me- This is not how I pictured AA... Amazing- Really 'felt a part of' and for me, that's key...
  • this morning Quaker meeting- Made my fist share- "Set fear aside and rejoice, for God is with you forever... I am grateful for the awareness today..."
    • also signed up to do some service work at the meeting house later in the month- looking forward to the opportunity to give back in a meaningful way.
  • Lunch with good friends afterwards. Hard to talk so much about recovery while not getting/ feeling reprimanded for 'preaching the program.'
  • Off to see parents for an impromptu afternoon visit- To be hoest, wanted to see mom, and wanted to take advantage of sister being out of town... Had them to myself all afternoon and really loved it.
  • Made it to an 8pm meeting at unity club near their house... My first visit in their town, and at this club... Good meeting- topic was self-will... Some very good ES&H... smokey...
  • Was going over good day on the drive home, even called a drunk on the way home, who's share I particularly appreciated on Saturday, and whom I do not talk with enough...
  • Got home, walked in to find partner on his hands and knees behind the couch, presumably hiding... when I said hi, he jumped up, furious, said he didn't want to talk about it, that we have ants (?!) and stormed upstairs. Somehow I'm to blame (or, more likely, my dog)...
    • First thought: shots
    • Second thought: next right thing- Take dog for walk around the block.
    • Third: Acceptance, not agreement. I accept that he blames me for his frustration over the ants. When the time is right I can ask how I can help in getting rid of them. I will not take on his anger. I will not.
  • Anyway- Serenity precariously in place. Right now, typing it out, waiting to see if there will be a second wave- Doing the next right thing, in baby steps.... Never ceases no amaze me how quickly things can change... How quickly my serenity can be challenged and how quickly my disease/ desire to drink can be triggered... Maybe I'll drink about it, but not today.

No comments: